E-M:/ Great Lakes News: Election fever - the day after

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Enviro-Mich message from Brent Gibson -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great Lakes News: Brought to you by Great Lakes United
HEADLINES

Election fever: The day after

After two federal elections, what will the new political landscape mean for the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River? And what's this I hear about a political crisis in Canada?

A Great Lakes year

This has been a remarkable year for Great Lakes protection. As 2008 comes to a close, we reflect on some of the achievements citizens and organizations across the region deserve to celebrate.

What's your story for 2008? If you’re group or organization made gains in 2008 we want to hear about it. Tell us at greatlakesnews@glu.org.

A crude awakening?

As oil extraction increases on the Alberta tar sands, oil companies are looking toward the Great Lakes as a base for refining the world’s dirtiest petroleum.

Poorly regulated trade opens door to invasive species

A trip to the pet store is a glimpse at the diversity of animals from all over the world. However, lack of import screening means these animals pose one of the greatest threats to biodiversity in the Great Lakes.

FEATURE REPORTS

When is a hotspot no longer a hotspot?

Sewage in the St. Lawrence: Solutions

JOIN TODAY

As a coalition, Great Lakes United works with stakeholders of all stripes and persusions. Together, we can create a healthy future for the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River. But we need your help. Your membership or donation today will ensures clean water tomorrow.

Donate Online

QUICK LINKS

Great Lakes United

About Us

Join the Coalition

Great Lakes News
Great Lakes News is a service of Great Lakes United.
Founded in 1982, Great Lakes United works with stakeholders from across the Great Lakes region to protect and restore the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River.
============================================================== ENVIRO-MICH: Internet List and Forum for Michigan Environmental and Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen Action. Archives at http://www.great-lakes.net/lists/enviro-mich/ Postings to: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net For info, send email to majordomo@great-lakes.net with a one-line message body of "info enviro-mich" ============================================================== * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * All views and opinions presented above are solely those of the author or attributed source and do not necessarily reflect those of GLIN or the Great Lakes Commission. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *