E-M:/ Bush: new ban on regulating global warming gases

I shudder to think what else this administration can do to the health of our communities, the waters, air, land as a parting blow...It gives the 12 Days of Christmas a whole new meaning. - Kay Cumbow

New ban imposed on regulating global warming gases

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081219/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/bush_global_warming
By DINA CAPPIELLO, Associated Press Writer Dina Cappiello, Associated Press Writer ? Thu Dec 18, 7:32 pm ET

Snip: In a memorandum sent Thursday, outgoing Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Stephen Johnson sets an agency-wide policy prohibiting controls on carbon dioxide emissions from being included in air pollution permits for coal-fired power plants and other facilities.

Snip: The decision could give the agency a legal basis for issuing permits that increase global warming pollution until the incoming Obama administration can change it, a process that would require a lengthy rulemaking process.

Snip: The White House has repeatedly said that the Clean Air Act should not be used to regulate carbon dioxide or other greenhouse gases, even though an April 2007 Supreme Court decision determined that the EPA could do so under the law.
___

On the Net:

EPA New Source Review Program: http://www.epa.gov/nsr

I shudder to think what else this administration can do to the health of our communities, the waters, air, land...- Kay Cumbow