Re: E-M:/ Vilsack appointment - good for CAFOs

This has come under much lengthy, detailed discussion on the food-systems-advocates list serves. It is certainly true that it bodes ill, and is a bad choice considering all the other possible choices.

However, someone I know who ran for Secretary of Ag in Iowa (apparently it's an elected office there) when Vilsack was governor has posted that she thinks there is some hope for budging him, and I believe there's a degree of hope that Pres. Obama can be made to listen to reason on CAFOs and GMOs as well.

Constant vigilance is required! And a lot of long-term, difficult work.

Cynthia Price
Greater Grand Rapids Food Systems Council