[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
Re: E-M:/ Vilsack appointment - good for CAFOs
- Subject: Re: E-M:/ Vilsack appointment - good for CAFOs
- From: "Cynthia Price" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:22:33 -0500
- Cc: enviro-mich <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=fy71m+m67Ca8q65NAKwzL3q3ScGVquwH3uTdWWcjhMQ=; b=PmNCoE9v4Zz9ECk1yokCaMKM6g6dzyER7E/VKoqklTOOVIIZZSTj/oQ4uAuqa/86to Nd7IBqFpPUNUi7I7z3Q0uTaVst+Pg/7anILdQP78a6QXflbsDp1Bwr30Rjg4gbNOUJjT Vq986DVjJbvch2382fE3SUWhvGoN99bKqdmzU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=oyCr8Tzo7QIlzv6dx0vGumkJ1gX7qW/d/udj0LwJuZxgf3I2LCWinVu8y6BiRvhd3m Kc8rgFPIHd3QUlYGEa/oyKKQ1ujBRxySqTtZnmBEMFwlmiK2b5MG5D7YX2O5iEEHr3iX mNrArkSvakDZg/MQ/w5FhtvIyO3DgHaTAom8w=
- In-reply-to: <22ECC8F4-5033-4208-9C8D-C1DDFF757808@umich.edu>
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- References: <22ECC8F4-5033-4208-9C8D-C1DDFF757808@umich.edu>
- Reply-to: "Cynthia Price" <email@example.com>
This has come under much lengthy, detailed discussion on the food-systems-advocates list serves. It is certainly true that it bodes ill, and is a bad choice considering all the other possible choices.
However, someone I know who ran for Secretary of Ag in Iowa (apparently it's an elected office there) when Vilsack was governor has posted that she thinks there is some hope for budging him, and I believe there's a degree of hope that Pres. Obama can be made to listen to reason on CAFOs and GMOs as well.
Constant vigilance is required! And a lot of long-term, difficult work.
Greater Grand Rapids Food Systems Council