Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 9:42 PM
Subject: E-M:/ Vilsack not a good choice

Vilsack is not a good choice for Secretary of Agriculture.  He has favored CAFOs in the past. He supports ethanol production using corn, which is unsustainable, and has caused global increase in corn prices, making food more expensive for nearly one billion people in developing nations.  He supports GM food products, which should not be permitted without extensive testing.  Though not confirmed, they have already been shown to have some adverse effects on humans.