Re: E-M:/ Vreba-Hoff

Vreba-Hoff may be "state of the art" on the milk end, but certainly not on the tail end.

In 2008, the 3 Vreba-Hoff facilities here were cited for 56 violations and manure discharges by the DEQ, with ongoing non-compliance with the 30th Circuit Court's Consent Order, including the failure of the waste "treatment" system, still not certified as operating as required.  In October, Vreba-Hoff acknowledged in a report to DEQ that it "has continued the irrigation of final state effluent water, even though the levels are not to standards."

See details on the Vreba-Hoff violations from its 3 CAFOs in our area --Vreba-Hoff 1, Vreba-Hoff 2, and Waldron Dairy (owned & operated by Vreba-Hoff):
www.nocafos.org/violations.htm

Janet Kauffman
ECCSCM