E-M:/ Individual Energy Activism, Restaurants II

Last week I sent an email to E-M about individual activism to encourage local restaurants to become more energy efficient. (We can help negate the need for new Michigan coal plants thru greater efficiency in all our buildings.)  If you used the handout or contacted a restaurant, please let me know of your experience - I'm trying to improve this approach..

Of note, there are three certified green restaurants in Michigan according to the Green Restaurant Association. http://www.dinegreen.com/default.asp?displaypage=memberhome& They are Amici (Berkley), Draft House (Dewitt) and Pekoe & Joe (Waterford). We need to support these and encourage others.

Today, I visited Pekoe & Joe in Waterford (west of Pontiac) and the owner, Eric Benfield, enthusiastically described all the environmental changes he made and plans to make to this former KFC. (And the healthy food was good too.) More at http://www.pekoeandjoe.com/index.php and  http://www.freep.com/article/20090103/BUSINESS06/901030321

Take care,  frank