RE: E-M:/ Enviro-Mich in the New Year

Enviro-Mich message from Tracy Dobson <dobson@msu.edu>

Three cheers, or 21 gun salute, for Alex, hip, hip, hurray! We love E-M!

Tracy

At 10:10 AM 1/7/2009, Rita Jack wrote:
Enviro-Mich message from "Rita Jack" <rita.jack@sierraclub.org>

Alex -- thank you for your amazing focus on keeping this list service
running since 1997!  I still remember the bunch of us sitting around that
tree at Soldier Lake in the UP where we came up with different names for the
list!  ...and I remember your neighbor's dog Bailey???

Gee, 12 years... we're heading for adolescence!

Thanks, Alex!!

-Rita

><><><><><>><><><><>
Rita Jack
Clean Water Program Director
Water Sentinels Project
Sierra Club Michigan Chapter
tel:  517-484-2372 x12

Know your watershed!
Make all Michigan's waters fishable and swimmable.

>Alex J. Sagady & Associates wrote:
>>Enviro-Mich message from "Alex J. Sagady & Associates" <ajs@sagady.com>
>>
>>Dear Enviro-Mich List Subscribers:
>>
>>With the New Year I'd like to call on all subscribers to the EM list to
re-focus the majority of our attention here at EM
>>on news and issues of Michigan environmental protection and conservation
with your postings to the EM list.

>>The "Michigan" focus explicitly includes local Michigan matters since
>>the EM list operations are as interested in PCBs in sewers in St. Clair
Shores as we are on how the grass vegetation reclamation is going at the
former Copper Range mine tailings basins.   All such local environmental
matters, including the environmental, resource management, scientific,
educational and charitable activities of local citizen groups
>>and local/regional agencies addressing Michigan environment and resources,
are germane for posting on Enviro-Mich.

>>The "Michigan" focus also means any Great Lakes matter and can address
>>regional resource management issues (i.e. water transfers and the Great
Lakes
>>basin, invasive species and endangered species in the Great Lakes region).
>>
>>Please note that sending email to enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
>>transmits email to about 700 people.   As a result, please try to limit
"chit-chat" on the list with non-substantive replies and messaging.
>>The default "reply to" mode will only send a reply to the originator of
the message and not the entire EM list.

>>When posting to EM at  enviro-mich@great-lakes.net  you must post
>>from the email account that you used to register on the EM list.
Otherwise
>>your posting attempt will "autobounce" (fail).    Your posting will also
autobounce if your total message length exceeds 40K in length.   Avoid
>>using HTML or copying formatted text to email messages to avoid such
length problems.   We discourage use of attached files for Enviro-Mich
>>transmissions.
>>
>>Please note that Enviro-Mich is NOT a general interest environmental list.
We maintain a primary focus on Michigan environmental protection and
conservation.   At times, important national environmental news will appear
>>on EM during some breaking events.   Enviro-Mich is not a place for
general discussions on the merits of consumer products as this is not a
suitable forum
>>for such general discussions.  However, the environmental and energy
consequences
>>of Michigan manufacturers and their production facilities are germane for
discussion.

>>Please do not post copyrighted content to Enviro-Mich, with the exception
of small squibs of articles, perhaps no more than 2 small paragraphs long.
Use, instead, a URL pointer to direct others to the particular copyrighted
content in question.

>>Enviro-Mich is a volunteer activity of the Sierra Club Michigan Chapter,
which created and fosters this electronic forum to increase education,
leadership, information sharing, inter-organizational cooperation, public
communications and public debate and support on Michigan environmental
protection and conservation issues.   Enviro-Mich is the premier electronic
forum in Michigan for citizen environmental leaders, resource managers and
protectors of our extraordinary state and its natural resources, and public
health protection, all relating to Michigan environmental protection and
conservation.

>>The Sierra Club gratefully acknowledges the technical and information
services provided
>>for Enviro-Mich by the Great Lakes Information Network  (GLIN) housed at
the Great Lakes Commission in Ann Arbor.

>>Regards,
>>
>>Alexander J. Sagady, Volunteer & EM List Manager
>>Sierra Club Michigan Chapter
>>

>>==========================================
>>Alex J. Sagady & Associates        http://www.sagady.com
>>
>>Environmental Enforcement, Permit/Technical Review, Public Policy, Expert
Witness Review and Litigation Investigation on Air, Water and
>>Prospectus at:  http://www.sagady.com/sagady.pdf
>>657 Spartan Avenue,  East Lansing, MI  48823
>>(517) 332-6971; ajs@sagady.com
>>==========================================
>>

>>==============================================================
>>ENVIRO-MICH:  Internet List and Forum for Michigan Environmental
>>and Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen Action.   Archives at
>>http://www.great-lakes.net/lists/enviro-mich/
>>
>>Postings to:  enviro-mich@great-lakes.net      For info, send email to
>>majordomo@great-lakes.net  with a one-line message body of  "info
enviro-mich"
>>==============================================================
>>* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>>All views and opinions presented above are solely those of the author or
>>attributed source and do not necessarily reflect those of GLIN or the
Great Lakes Commission.

657 Spartan Avenue,  East Lansing, MI  48823
(517) 332-6971; ajs@sagady.com

Tracy Dobson, J.D., Professor
Department of Fisheries and Wildlife
Michigan State University