RE: E-M:/ Obama to Showcase Green Jobs, Economic Recovery Plan at Stop in Ohio

Enviro-Mich message from Perry R Godwin <godwip@lcc.edu>

Now we need to do everything in our power to convince our Michigan Representatives in Congress to allow the inclusion of the green jobs and green infrastructure components in the Economic Recovery Plan!

Did anyone catch the Republican House Minority Leader's comments about the Economic Recovery Plan on the news yesterday?  "Oh My God!" were his words, and they weren't meant to be favorable.  In his interview on PBS News last night, he claims that the Republican Party is willing to work with Barack Obama and not be the party of NO, and that they will be presenting their "better ideas" (i.e. which will probably be more tax breaks for businesses and wealthy individuals) in the House.  But I would be surprised if they were willing to support any of the green initiatives without strong pressure from their constituents, since I suspect the lobbyists of the oil, coal, and utility companies still have their ear!

Perry Godwin
Treasurer, LCC People for Positive Social Change,
Head Physics Lab Technician,
Lansing Community College
5400 - Science Department,
411 North Grand Avenue