E-M:/ Clean Coal!?? Dispelling the Myth

I found it fascinating that the NY Times included an editorial today regarding the collapse of the clean coal myth, while here in Michigan some of our elected officials continue to perpetuate the legend. (See both articles below)

OPINION   | January 23, 2009
Editorial:  Collapse of the Clean Coal Myth
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/23/opinion/23fri3.html?scp=1&sq=collapse%20of%20the%20clean%20coal&st=cse
The Tennessee Valley Authority's recent travails may help persuade the public that coal is not as "clean" as the industry's advertising campaign makes it out to be.

* Don't ban clean coal's growth in Michigan
Detroit Free Press
By Mike Cox
  Extremists are pushing Gov. Jennifer Granholm to block construction
of any new clean coal plants. But it is always a huge mistake for
state government to start picking winners and losers. A moratorium on
clean coal would be bad environmental and energy policy.
http://www.freep.com/article/20090122/OPINION05/90122053

Lisa Wozniak
Executive Director
Michigan League of Conservation Voters
Michigan League of Conservation Voters Education Fund
213 W. Liberty St, Ste 300
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
734-222-9650
lisa@michiganlcv.org

Celebrating 10 years of "Turning environmental values into community priorities"

Thousands have lived without love, not one without water.
W.H. Auden