From: Bree Raum [mailto:braum@awea.org]
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 12:20 PM
To: Rowe, Debra G
Subject: Urge Congress to Vote for the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act containing a 3-year PTC extension

Take Action
Urge Congress to Vote for the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act containing a 3-year PTC extension
Contact your Representative about the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.

During the week of January 26, 2009, a vote is expected on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives on “economic recovery” legislation critical to the wind energy industry.  The American Recovery and Reinvestment Tax Act of 2009 includes a vital new grant program to ensure tax incentives for renewable generators are usable even during an economic downturn, a three-year extension of the production tax credit, several provisions to promote transmission for renewable energy, and key changes and additions to benefit small wind systems.

Please contact your U.S. Representative and urge him or her to vote in favor of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 on the House floor to promote the deployment of clean, renewable energy and allow the wind energy industry to be one of the drivers of our nation’s economic recovery even as we enhance America’s energy security and leave a safer climate for our children.

A draft letter for you to send to your member will appear when you enter your zip code.

(We’ll be following up soon with another Action Alert as the issue develops in the Senate.)

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click here.