E-M:/ What Is The Transition Movement? Jan 29th 7:30pm

Detroit Evolution Laboratory is honored to offer this vital event:
What Is The Transition Movement?
An Evening with Michael Brownlee from Transition
Boulder
Thursday, January 29th, 7:30 - 9:30 pm

Please join us at the Lab on Thursday, January 29th from
7:30 - 9:30 pm for a very special and important talk with Michael Brownlee of Transition Boulder County. The Transition Movement is proving to be the most inspiring and fastest growing social movement in human history. The Detroit Evolution Laboratory shares its vision whole-heartedly and has already been working to reach many of the same goals, long before we even knew such an organized movement existed. So, what is Transition?

Now in all 50 states, Transition empowers communities to squarely face the challenges of peak oil and climate change, and to unleash the collective genius of their own people to find the answers to this momentous question: For all those aspects of life that this community needs to sustain itself and thrive, how are we going to drastically reduce carbon emissions (in response to climate change), significantly rebuild resilience (in response to peak oil), and greatly strengthen our local economy (in response to economic instability that we are so familiar with in Detroit)?

Transition Initiatives, designed to achieve relocalization at the community level, represent one of the most promising ways of engaging people and communities in strengthening themselves against the effects of these monumental challenges, resulting in a life that is more fulfilling, socially connected, and resilient. Hundreds of communities around the world are joining together in the fastest-growing social change movement in history, unleashing their collective genius to meet the greatest challenges of our time.

Michael Brownlee is co-founder of Transition Boulder County, a non-profit organization whose mission is to catalyze, inspire, encourage, network, support and train communities as the consider, adopt, adapt and implement Transition Initiatives. Transition Boulder County recently became the first Transition Initiative in North America. A catalyst for relocalization - developing community resilience and self-reliance in food, energy, and economy - Michael spearheads the organization's campaign to rebuild community and strengthen economies.

Location
Detroit Evolution Laboratory
1434 Gratiot Ave #1
Detroit, Michigan 48207
313.316.1411
http://detroitevolution.com
NOTE: Though we have a Gratiot address we're on the second floor
and our entrance is behind the building NOT on Gratiot!

The Detroit Evolution Laboratory promotes Active, Aware, Healthy and Sustainable Vegan and Raw Food Lifestyles in the city and is dedicated to growing a Transition Initiative in Detroit.
Directions
We use google maps for directions, they're much better at it than we are. If you need assistance please email or call 313.316.1411.

Map to the Lab

Parking
The Lab entrance is well marked and located off the cobble stone Service Street behind our building on Gratiot. Please park on the street or in the lot behind the Lab.

Windows Live™ Hotmail®…more than just e-mail. See how it works.