E-M:/ Fermi 3 In Question @Sierra Club Meeting, Thursday Feb 5

--- On Mon, 2/2/09, Sierra Club - Southeast Michigan Group <gscicli@comcast.net> wrote:
From: Sierra Club - Southeast Michigan Group <gscicli@comcast.net>
Subject: Sierra Club General Membership Meeting, Thursday Feb 5
To: "Sierra Club - Southeast Michigan Group" <alert@sierraclub.org>
Date: Monday, February 2, 2009, 3:59 PM

"Fermi 3:Coming to a City Near You?!"

presented by Michael Keegan, Don't Waste Michigan

Federal officials are asking the public to suggest issues that should be
considered during an upcoming review of the environmental impact of building and
operating the proposed Fermi 3 nuclear power plant near Monroe, MI. While it is
generally agreed within the environmental community that we must end our
reliance on coal-based energy facilities, opinions regarding nuclear energy
remain varied. Please attend this important meeting and get the latest on the
proposed addition to DTE's nuclear power conglomeration from one of
Michigan's most thoroughly educated and longtime opponents of the industry.

The Southeast MI Group (SEMG) meets on the first Thursday of each month at the
Northwest Unitarian-Universalist Church, 23925 Northwestern Hwy, Southfield, MI.
The church is located along the southbound US10 service drive between 9 & 10
Mile. Our meetings begin with a potluck dinner from 6-7pm followed by a brief
local club update from7-730pm. The featured programs listed below begin at
730pm. ***Plz note the time changes!*** All are welcome, members and non-members
alike, so please consider bringing a friend! For more info, contact Carol Izant
at (248)352-6137 or cogknot@yahoo.com. For complete coverage of SEMG activities,
check out our website@www.michigan.sierraclub.org/semg

To adjust your Sierra Club email preferences, please reply to this email with a
description of your wishes. Thank you.

Sierra Club 85 Second St., 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105