Re: E-M:/ what the wetland proposal may mean

Dead on arrival in the legislature? Dave, the would require strong legislative voices in defense of the Great Lakes. Recognition of  these important bodies of water as integral to the state's identity, economy and life's blood of our state. I've not heard that articulated and/or acted on in a very long time.
It is difficult to imagine any significant budget savings for the state of Michigan unless what we know as the Goemaere-Anderson Wetland Protection Act, Part 303 of NREPA, is repealed. If that is in fact the Governor's proposal, it should be dead on arrival in the Legislature. One can only hope the recommendation is designed to underscore the seriousness of the state's budget crisis and the need for more funding to protect basic resources.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Dempsey <davedem@hotmail.com>
To: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Sent: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 11:17 am
Subject: E-M:/ what the wetland proposal may mean

It is difficult to imagine any significant budget savings for the state of Michigan unless what we know as the Goemaere-Anderson Wetland Protection Act, Part 303 of NREPA, is repealed. If that is in fact the Governor's proposal, it should be dead on arrival in the=2 0Legislature. One can only hope the recommendation is designed to underscore the seriousness of the state's budget crisis and the need for more funding to protect basic resources.

Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. Check it out. =