[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Board of Directors vs. Steering Committee
- Subject: E-M:/ Board of Directors vs. Steering Committee
- From: Doug Welker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:45:09 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: Doug Welker <email@example.com>
Perhaps someone out there can answer this.
I'm on the steering committee of a local environmental organization, FOLK (Friends of the Land of Keweenaw). The organization started around 1990 as a response to a proposed paper mill on Keweenaw Bay. We began by establishing a steering committee, but no board of directors. In reviewing our bylaws recently, the question came up as to whether we would be better off with a board of directors instead. Does anyone know the practical or legal differences between the two?
26344 Tauriainen Road
Pelkie MI 49958