From: Kathy & Gary Henry <gehenry@chartermi.net>
To: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 2:41:56 PM
Subject: E-M:/ New property rights group-Midland

Midland-based property rights group chooses Hoogendyk as its first executive director

http://ourmidland.com/articles/2009/02/24/local_news/1590446.txt

     Publication of wetlands inventory maps by the state Department of Environmental Quality in 2007 got people talking "about where our state regulatory environment was heading" and led to CIVPRO's formation, Walker said.

     The prepared statement Hoogendyk issued Monday describes CIVPRO as an organization of interested or concerned individuals, businesses, industries and the public at large.

    The CIVPRO brochure says the organization's purposes are promotion of Michigan economic growth and reasonable regulatory processes which protect the environment but eliminate government abuse; influencing and supporting legislation which protects property owners and encourages business expansion; and being a voice for property owners, large and small, when their property is diminished or deemed unusable as a result of a regulatory taking.