E-M:/ Healing Our Waters on Obama Great Lakes budget

February 26, 2009<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Statement by Jeff Skelding, Campaign Director

Healing Our Waters® - <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Great Lakes Coalition

Contact:           Jeff Skelding ? (410) 245-8021

                        Chris Grubb ? (734) 255-3382

Historic $475 Million Obama Great Lakes Budget Will Create Jobs and Grow the Economy

â??The Healing Our Waters - Great Lakes Coalition applauds President Obama for an unprecedented investment of $475 Million in his Fiscal Year 2010 Budget to restore the Great Lakes - an effort that is key to creating jobs and growing our economy. Thirty-five million people rely on the Great Lakes for their drinking water, and millions more benefit from the commerce and business that depends on the waters of the Great Lakes.

President Obama truly is a Great Lakes President. This investment is a major victory for the Great Lakes, and represents the largest, most serious commitment to Great Lakes restoration in a Presidentâ??s Budget in history. It demonstrates the President is serious about his campaign commitment to the Great Lakes. It is clear he understands that unless America invests in the Great Lakes these problems will get worse and the price we pay will be higher.

We look forward to reviewing the details of President Obamaâ??s budget, and to working with Congress to restore this treasured resource.â??

Visit the Healing Our Waters ? Great Lakes Coalition online at: www.healthylakes.org

NWF's mission is to inspire Americans to protect wildlife for our children's future.

Chris Grubb - Senior Coordinator
National Wildlife Federation
213 W. Liberty, Suite 200
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-1398
p.734-887-7104 c.734-255-3382
www.nwf.org/greatlakes | www.healthylakes.org

Alex J. Sagady & Associates        http://www.sagady.com

Prospectus at:  http://www.sagady.com/sagady.pdf

657 Spartan Avenue,  East Lansing, MI  48823
(517) 332-6971; ajs@sagady.com