Re: E-M:/ RE: / Michigan delegation at Powershift 2009

Michigan Radio covered it, too, briefly, over the weekend.

On Mar 2, 2009, at 9:54 PM, John Rebers wrote:

The Power Shift conference was covered in the Mining Journal (Marquette)

NMU students attend key environmental gathering
<image001.gif>
February 27, 2009
MARQUETTE — Jen VanDragt strongly believes that climate change is a problem that needs to be addressed immediately.

From: owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net [mailto:owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net] On Behalf Of Anne Woiwode
Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2009 4:25 PM
To: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Subject: E-M:/ Michigan delegation at Powershift 2009

I am surprised to have seen no press coverage of the Power Shift ’09 Conference in DC this weekend -- over 400 students from Michigan are attending --

Posted by brandon in Power Shift '09 on 03 1st, 2009

Hey, reporting back from the biggest event on climate and energy change ever.

Power Shift in general has been amazing but my biggest highlight so far was the Michigan breakout. The breakout consisted of a meeting with all 430 Michigan Power Shift attendees. The breakout gave us an insight into the size and diversity of the youth climate movement in Michigan.

-SNIP-