E-M:/ rebuttal in Ann Arbor News on wetlands

Last year the region passed a landmark piece of legislation with the Great Lakes Compact. The underlying motivation behind the compact was that the region must maintain control over its water instead of the federal government.
This should be our motivation with the wetlands program. We know our resources and their importance better than the federal government. While the wetlands program may not be perfect, it should not be surrendered. We should refine the program, and search for savings somewhere else. In this day and age of big numbers, it's important to note what the projected "savings" are: $2.1 million in a budget that is facing a $1.4 billion hole. Maybe The Ann Arbor News could do the math for us on that one, while we continue to do the factual research behind the issue.
http://www.mlive.com/opinion/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2009/03/other_voices_state_oversight_o.html

Windows Live™ Groups: Create an online spot for your favorite groups to meet. Check it out.