E-M:/ MCWC receives award from Paul H. Young Chapter of TU

Michigan Citizens for Water Conservation

Immediate Release: March 11, 2009

Contact: Terry Swier – President Michigan Citizens for Water Conservation

                231-972-8856

Michigan Citizens for Water Conservation Selected for Coldwater Conservation Award

Mecosta, MI – The Board of Directors of the Paul H. Young Chapter of Trout Unlimited has selected Michigan Citizens for Water Conservation (MCWC) to be the recipient of this year’s Coldwater Conservation Award.

The Paul H. Young Chapter of Trout Unlimited Coldwater Conservation Award is given to individuals and groups who the Chapter feels best exemplifies the principles of Trout Unlimited regarding the conservation, protection and restoration of coldwater resources. The award will be presented at this year’s Spring Fundraising Banquet to be held on April 16 at Andiamo Italia in Warren.  Terry Swier, president of MCWC, and Rhonda Huff, vice president of MCWC will accept the award on behalf of its 2,000 members.

This award is given on behalf of the 1000 members of the Paul H. Young Chapter. Bob Thorson, president of the chapter said, “We are very excited to present this year’s award to MCWC. We believe that the water protection and efforts of MCWC related to coldwater streams and rivers are identical to those of our Chapter and Trout Unlimited. We very much appreciate having MCWC as a partner and resource to help us stay in touch with water withdrawal issues in Michigan.  We truly believe that effective partnerships are extremely beneficial to ensuring the long term viability and health of our coldwater resources.”

“This is a great honor for MCWC to be the recipient of this award. MCWC will continue to work with the Paul H. Young Chapter of Trout Unlimited as MCWC fights the current battle and efforts to stop Nestle from retrying a case it lost in an attempt to pump far more than any court ruling or scientific finding to date has allowed,” said Terry Swier, president of MCWC.

###

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how.