Re: E-M:/ Energy cost of bottled water

Greetings-

One of the arguments that some folks I know have against drinking tap water is that some tap water, frankly, tastes really bad, sometimes to the point that I'd swear I had just accidentally swallowed water in a swimming pool.  Likewise, some municipal water has unpleasant mineral tastes.

I wonder is anyone has investigated the comparative costs, both in terms of dollars and energy, of bottled water use vs. making municipal drinking water actually taste GOOD?

At home, I have good-quality, untreated, domestic well water, so when I want bottled water, I fill a plastic container and take it with me wherever I'm going.

           -doug-