From: owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net [mailto:owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net] On Behalf Of Cynthia Price
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 10:32 AM
To: enviro-mich
Subject: E-M:/ blog on cellulosic ethanol

Someone who used to be on this list sent me this link, and I found it very interesting, though I can't vouch for its accuracy. It concerns the probability that there will not be enough wood to make much difference with cellulosic ethanol, and focuses on the Michigan plant.

That's the lesson Michigan is learning as forestry experts question whether the state can grow enough timber to support what could be the nation's first cellulosic ethanol plant producing commercially viable biofuel from wood."

Comments?

Cynthia Price
Greater Grand Rapids Food Systems Council