Re: E-M:/ Wolves at risk

I'm quite unclear on the impact of delisting of the gray wolf in Michigan.  There is still some state protection.

Could someone please tell me and other enviro-mich types, in a very matter-of-fact, succinct way, how wolf management in MI will change due to the delisting?  In particular, how will it impact the state's enthusiasm for prosecuting wolf poaching cases, how will it impact farmers whose livestock are killed by wolves, will private individuals be able to shoot or trap wolves under any circumstances, and so on.  I'm sure all this info is out there somewhere, but maybe someone very familiar with the issue can save us the trouble of each having to search it out.

My enthusiasm for opposing the delisting in Michigan is currently rather limited because I don't really know what delisting will do.  I know that in parts of the northern Rockies, the impact may be severe.

Thanks.

 -doug-