Great Lakes Information

January 10, 1997

Hello!

I am writing to express my interest in publishing some of my recent work on
waterfront revitalization around the Great Lakes.  In September of 1996, I
completed my masters thesis under the direction of Dr. Joseph P.
Schwieterman, professor at DePaul University in Chicago, accomplished author,
and director of the Chaddick Institute for Metropolitan Development, a
non-profit research organization dedicated to promoting effective land-use,
transportation, and infrastructure planning in the Chicago Metropolitan area.

My thesis is titled, “The Revitalization of Small and Medium-Sized
Communities: An Assessment of Great Lakes Waterfronts”.  I feel that it
offers a fresh perspective on waterfront efforts in cities other than
Chicago, Milwaukee, Cleveland, and the like. The report is a culmination of
information from academic publications, trade periodicals, personal
interviews, and other sources.  I have attached the thesis abstract for your
review.

If you wish, I could send you a copy of the entire document. My thesis is
nearly 70 pages, but changes in style, structure, and length can certainly be
made to accommodate the needs of any magazine, journal, organization with an
interest in the material.  I would be more than happy to write an article on
the topic, based, of course, on my research findings.  I feel that the
information in the report is far too useful to simply remain on my bookshelf.
 Indeed, the administrators with whom I spoke during the interview process
for the report often complained about the lack of information on this issue.

My personal credentials are primarily in the arenas of urban planning and
development, public policy, and research.  I have a masters degree in Public
Service Management from DePaul University in Chicago and am currently working
for the aforementioned Chaddick Institute, also in Chicago.  Furthermore, my
deep interest in writing compels me to contact individuals like yourself.

I would be grateful for your comments on anyone who might find interest in my
work. You may reach me at my e-mail address -- MDoozer@aol.com.

Sincerely,

Michael S. Davidson

att.