A media inquiry.....

Dear Friends:

We have been contacted by Fortune magazine which is
doing research for an upcoming story on the issue of
“The Incentive Wars Between the States.”  As we have
seen, this issue is gaining national media attention
as well as an increased scrutiny by local
communities and states.  Several states have
introduced or passed Resolutions similar to Ohio’s
asking the Federal Government to identify and
eliminate their programs which are fueling these
wars between states.  In particular, Fortune
magazine is interested in obtaining information on
the following items:

1.   Examples of companies receiving significant
“incentive packages” in order to create jobs in
which promised results were never obtained or
realized.
2.   Examples of large overall “government
subsidized” projects
3.   Examples of states / communities actually
implementing clawbacks or sanctions on incentives
gone sour.

Through a literature search we have come up with a
few examples of the above.  However, you may know of
an example in your state or area that we are not
familiar with.  If you have any pertinent
information - please let us know.  Receipt of
information ASAP would be appreciated.  Thanks for
your help.

Senator Chuck Horn
State Senator - Ohio
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/2817

* If you would like not to receive further updates -
please let us know*