Calendar of Events for May (revised)

Revised since 5/4/97

>>WINDSOR & AREA SOCIAL JUSTICE AND ENVIRONMENT NETWORK

>>Calendar of Events: MAY

>>MAY 6
>>Ontario Budget Watch/ CAW Local 200/444 Hall
>>4:00pm, Ontario Alternative Budget papers will be available

>>May 7
>>Interfaith Social Assistance Review Coalition
>>Hearings into Social Assistance, 2-4pm and 7-9pm.
>>Windsor City Hall Council Chambers

>>May 8
>>Windsor Environmental Advisory Committee meeting.  8:00am
>>Windsor City Hall, basement conference room.  public welcome/

>>Social Justice Coalition monthly meeting.
>>7:00pm, Crescent Lanes Restaurant, Ottawa at Parent

>>May 11
>>Human Rights Forum. Sunday, 3:00PM at CAW Local 200/444 Hall, 1855 Turner Rd.
>>Speaking Out Against Nike Sweatshops.
>>featuring:  Cicih Sukaesih, former Nike worker in Indonesia fired, along
with 23 others for attempting to organize a union.  Call Jeff Hayes CAW 444
259-4746
>or Social Justice at 253-4232 x 4521.

>>May 13
>>WDLC Political Education Committee meeting, 6:30pm &
>>Windsor & District Labour Council, 7:30pm at 1214 Ottawa St. Windsor.

>>May 14
>>Harris Inquiry Forum, planning meeting, 7:00pm at CUPW hall, 3943 Tecumseh
Rd.East.

>>May 15
March for Acceptance.
March to promote the passage of an Ontarians With Disabilities Act.
11:30am, Windsor City Hall Square,  bring your own banners to support the act.
Call Dean La Bute WECAN 944-5504

>>Citizens Environment Alliance, public meeting.
>>7:00pm, 303-76 University Ave. W.
>>Is the Detroit River Assessment coming soon?  What ever happened to the
Windsor Air Quality Committee?  Do you use cosmetic pesticides?  The NAFTA
highway.

May 24
Heartcare Windsor's Walkathon '97.
12:30pm - 3:00pm
Assumption Park at Huron Line and Riverside Drive.
Call Ann-Marie 254-4555

>>May 25
>>Victims for Justice Coalition of Windsor/Essex.
>>Panel Discussion on Victim's issues and Prisoner's Rights.
>>12:30pm - 5:00pm
>>Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 143, Wyandotte St.W. at Bridge.
>>
>>May 25-31
>>Bike to Work Week or Work to Bike Week... its your choice.
>>
>>May 27
>>Area environment meeting with Jim Janse Toronto MOEE and Sarnia MOEE Dist.
Manager to discuss slash and burn at Windsor MOEE office and situation
re:local pollution issues.  Organized (partly) by City of Windsor.  1:30pm -
4:30pm.  (P.S. by invitation only?) Roseland Golf Club. Details?  Call CEA
973-1116.

>May 31
>Harris Inquiry Forum:   this has been MOVED! to June 22 to cash in on all
the folks who will be coming in for the Detroit March on Motown rally.  J.C
Parrot from CLC has been invited as guest speaker.  We hope to invite US
Motown marchers as well.  Call Cathy Carroll 944-2710 or Social Justice at
253-4232 x 4521.