[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
Indiana Electronic Town Meeting: WATER! (fwd)
- Subject: Indiana Electronic Town Meeting: WATER! (fwd)
- From: Carol Ratza <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 15:22:42 -0400 (EDT)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 08:45:52 -1812
From: Lisa Denlinger <email@example.com>
Indiana Electronic Town Meeting on the Environment: WATER!
When Indiana became a state in 1816, it had a population of well under
100,000. Today, its population approaches 6 million-yet the state has the
same water resources as it had in 1816. Is there enough water to meet
Hoosiers' current and future needs? How are our water resources managed? Is
our water safe? Are floods inevitable? How can we balance our competing
needs for water?
Find out the answers to these questions and others during the "Indiana
Electronic Town Meeting on the Environment: WATER!," the latest in a series
of electronic town meetings sponsored by the Indiana University School of
Continuing Studies. The program is made possible with support from the
Indiana University Strategic Directions Initiative, the law firm of Ice
Miller Donadio & Ryan, and the Indiana Department of Natural Resources.
Topics include the amount of water in the state, its quality, and its uses
and management. Guests on the program include:
* Bill Beranek, president, Indiana Environmental Institute
* Sharen Jarzen, section chief, Nonpoint Source Section, Office of Water
Management, Indiana Department of Environmental Management
* William Jones, professor, School of Public and Environmental Affairs,
* Robert Meeks, state senator, District 13
* Phillip Scaletta, chairman, Environmental Practice Group, law firm of
Ice Miller Donadio & Ryan; and past president, Environmental Law
Section, Indianapolis Bar Association
* Rae Schnapp, water quality policy director, Hoosier Environmental
* Christa Martin-Jones, executive director, Indiana Association of Soil and
Water Conservation Districts, Inc.
* Gwen White, biologist, Lake and River Enhancement Program, Indiana
Department of Natural Resources
* Dan Willard, professor, School of Public and Environmental Affairs,
The program will air on the following Indiana public television stations:
WTIU Bloomington May 29 at 8 p.m.
June 1 at 7 p.m.
June 3 at
WVUT Vincennes June 7 at 8 p.m.
WIPB Muncie June 7 at 10 p.m.
WYIN Merrillville June 2 at 8 p.m.
WFWA Fort Wayne June 4 at 8 p.m.
WNIN Evansville June 6 at 9 p.m.
WNIT Elkhart/South Bend June 6 at 9 p.m.
WFYI Indianapolis June 1 at 6 p.m.
For more information on the "Indiana Electronic Town Meeting on the
Environment," contact Eileen Witney by calling 812-855-8995 or by sending
e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about the town meeting is
also available on the World Wide Web at www.indiana.edu/~scs/water.html.