Aquatic Nuisance Species

The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, Office of the
Great Lakes, is in the process of developing a procedures handbook
for state agencies, counties and townships that conduct activities
on or near Michigan waters to prevent the further spread of aquatic
nuisance species.  To that end, we are soliciting information from
all interested parties who might know of similar publications to
which we could refer.  We want to include methods of identification,
prohibitions and restrictions, and preventative measures.

This is not meant to be a technical piece, rather a down-to-earth
"how NOT to" manual for distribution to the public.

If you know of any such publications or web sites, please contact
Martha Waszak, Office of the Great Lakes (517) 335-4112, or email:
waszakm@deq.state.mi.us

Thank you for your assistance.