[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
International Lake Superior Board holds open house
- Subject: International Lake Superior Board holds open house
- From: Mari K Cronberg <Mari.K.Cronberg@LRD02.usace.army.mil>
- Date: 11 Jun 1997 15:42:22 Z
- Conversion: Allowed
- Original-Encoded-Information-Types: IA5-Text
- X400-Content-Type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
- X400-Originator: Mari.K.Cronberg@LRD02.usace.army.mil
- X400-Received: by mta mtaeml01 in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=gov+usace/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 11 Jun 1997 15:42:22 Z
- X400-Received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=gov+usace/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 11 Jun 1997 15:42:22 Z
- X400-Recipients: non-disclosure;
INTERNATIONAL BOARD HOLDS OPEN HOUSE
FOR PEOPLE INTERESTED IN LAKE SUPERIOR REGULATION
The International Lake Superior Board of Control will hold an open
house to encourage dialog with people interested in Lake Superior
outflows and Lakes Superior, Michigan and Huron water levels.
This open house will be held on Tuesday, June 17, from 7:30 pm to
8:30 pm. It will be at the Lakehead Region Conservation Authority
Office, 130 Conservation Road, Thunder Bay, Ontario.
The purpose of this meeting is to inform the public of the Board's
current activities and to hear public comments and suggestions
regarding the Board's work. Discussion will focus on the
responsibilities of the Board in matters which affect the levels and
outflows of Lake Superior.
The International Lake Superior Board of Control is a binational
committee reporting to and advising the International Joint Commission
on matters relating to the regulation of Lake Superior outflows.
Mr. Dwight A. Beranek, Acting Deputy Division Engineer, Great Lakes
and Ohio River Division, Great Lakes Regional Office, U.S. Army Corps
of Engineers, is the Acting United States Board Memeber. Mr. Doug
Cuthbert of Environment Canada, is the Canadian Board Member.
For further information, contact Mr. David L. Schweiger
(David.L.Schweiger@usace.army.mil), Chief, Great Lakes Hydraulics and
Hydrology Branch, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 477 Michigan Ave.,
Detroit, Michigan 48226, (313) 226-6440.
The Internet homepage at address http://sparky.nce.usace.army.mil
provides access to additional information on Lake Superior and the