Press Release - GLWLN updated 7/6/97

>Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 13:56:16 -0700
>To: e calendar
>From: Debby  Ortman <lakes@cp.duluth.mn.us>
>Subject: Press Release - GLWLN
>
>Below is a schedule of upcoming trainings for the Great Lakes Women's
Leadership Network - please post.Subject: Great Lakes Women's Leadership
Network-Trainings

>See schedule of trainings listed below:
>
>Mission Statement:
>   The Great Lakes Women's Leadership Network is a broadbased,
multicultural, intergenerational organization formed to mentor and support
Great Lake's Women. Through leadership skills training, education and
networking we seek to foster personal empowerment and social change.

>The Great Lakes Women's Leadership Network project is sponsored by the
Environmental Association for Great Lakes Education and funded by the
Kellogg Foundation.

>This ongoing project was originally started at a meeting of Great Lakes
Women in Lake Geneva in 1994. This meeting was followed by a women's
gathering at the 1995 International Joint Commission meeting in Duluth.

>As part of this project a Women's Caucus is scheduled for the 1997 IJC
meeting, scheduled to be held in Toronto, Ontario between October
31-November 2nd.

>The GLWLN project seeks to provide skills training as well as support for
women leaders and potential leaders around the Great Lakes basin.

>GLWLN has three components: a fifteen member women advisory board made up
of women from the United States and Canada chosen from around the Great
Lakes Basin who attended a training in Chicago, Il, in March, 1997 to
formulated a leadership network structure; these women will hold trainings
on their own lakes between May - October (contact us at
lakes@cp.duluth.mn.us for the schedule of trainings); we will also compile
a directory of women with skills and issues expertise from around the Great
Lakes which will be available for free by December, 1997.

>The first training was held in Duluth, MN on May 3rd with over 60 women
attending.  Below is a schedule of additional trainings as there will be a
total of 15 trainings, in both Canada and the United States over the next
several months. Trainings include: public speaking, working with media,
networking, yoga/self massage, leadership skills, and more.

>Lake Michigan Training: Saturday, July 12th
>Note: Limited to first 25 women
>Lee Botts home, Indiana Dunes
>9-4:30
>Free, lunch provided (donations requested)
>Contact: Liane Clorfene Casten for more information 847-869-9144
>(Liane Clorfene Casten) lcasten@aol.com
>
>Regional Training - Lake Michigan
>Saturday, Sept. 13
>9:30 - 4:00 pm
>Wauwatosa Public Library
>76 and North Ave.
>Milwaukee, WI
>Contact: Kira  Henschel at Goblinfern@aol.com
>
>Listing of future workshops will be sent out as they are scheduled.
>
>We are also looking for volunteers to help organize regional trainings
>if you are interested in helping please contact us at EAGLE.
>
>For more information, contact us at above email address or
>
>write:
>GLWLN
>c/o EAGLE
>394 Lake Ave. South, #308
>Duluth, MN 55802
>218-726-1828(work and fax-call first)
>Jan Conley and Debbie Ortman, Co-Directors
>
>GLWLN Advisory Board Members (partial list):

> [...]
EAGLE
Environmental Assoc. for Great Lakes Education
394 Lake Ave. South, #308
Duluth, MN 55802
(218) 726-1828
email: lakes@cp.duluth.mn.us