Indiana's Ports on the Net (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 11:56:06 -0700
From: ipccomm@travelin.com

Indiana Port Commission
Press Release
Friday, July 25, 1997
For Information Contact:
Spencer Valentine, (317) 232-9201
E-mail: ipccomm@travelin.com
www.portsofindiana.com

Indiana Port Commission Unveils New Internet Site
www.portsofindiana.com
	The Indiana Port Commission unveiled a new internet website today. The
site, located on the world wide web at www.portsofindiana.com, is a onestop
source for information and interaction with Indiana’s three public ports:
Indiana’s International Port/Burns Harbor at Portage, Clark Maritime Centre at
Jeffersonville and Southwind Maritime Centre at Mount Vernon.
	“Establishing this truly interactive homepage on the internet gives the
world a window on Indiana’s ports and the state as a whole,” said Governor Frank
O’Bannon. “I encourage business, government, teachers and students alike to
visit the site, learn about the ports and tell us what they think via e-mail.”
	Besides providing background information on the ports, the site allows
websurfers to download Indiana Port Commission press releases and articles,
e-mail the ports, and subscribe to the commission’s award-winning magazine
Indiana Portside.
	“This site has a lot to offer, but it is just the beginning,” said
Indiana Port Commission Director of Communications, Spencer Valentine.
“Eventually we hope this site will offer tariff and rate information and regular
shipping schedules.”
	“It is important to get the word out about three of Indiana’s greatest
economic centers, the public ports,” said Lieutenant Governor Joe Kernan. “In
this age of digital communications, one of the best ways we can get that word
out is via the internet at www.portsofindiana.com.
	The Indiana Port Commission is a seven member bi-partisan committee
appointed by the Indiana Governor to develop and operate three public ports and
a network of Foreign-Trade Zones statewide.  The state’s three public ports are
Indiana’s International Port/Burns Harbor at Portage located on Lake Michigan,
Clark Maritime Centre at Jeffersonville on the Ohio River, and Southwind
Maritime Centre near Mount Vernon also located on the Ohio River.

___________________________________
W. S P E N C E R  V A L E N T I N E
Director of Communications
Indiana Port Commission