Mission Control, We Have Liftoff! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 97 21:03:38 -0700
From: rich_greenwood@mail.fws.gov
Subject: Mission Control, We Have Liftoff!

From:    Dan Ashe at 9AR~MAIN
Date:    7/31/97  8:10 PM

     Just moments ago, the Senate took up and passed by unanimous consent
     Calendar Item #201 on the Executive Calendar -- the nomination of
     Jamie Rappaport Clark as Director of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife
     Service.

     Congratulations Fish and Wildlife Service!

     They adjourned, however, without considering the National Wildlife
     Refuge System Improvement Act, despite the fact that the amendments
     and floor colloquys had all been worked out.  I think the refuge bill
     got caught up in some last minute, and unrelated, temper tantrums.  I
     think it will pass promptly when the Senate reconvenes in September
     but it would have been nice to get it done now.  Oh well, something
     for the new Director to work on!

     Thought you'd be interested!

     Dan.