[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
July/August ADVISOR now online!
- Subject: July/August ADVISOR now online!
- From: Christine Manninen <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 15:32:01 -0400
- List-Name: GLIN-Announce
- Organization: Great Lakes Commission
Looking for an update on FY1998 federal appropriations for Great Lakes
programs and agencies? Check out the July/August edition of the ADVISOR,
the bimonthly newsletter of the Great Lakes Commission.
In the AROUND THE LAKES section, learn more about
* A new partnership to address air quality concerns in protected areas
* NISA appropriations and the ballast technology project
* The Stewart J. Cort, the first 1,000-footer on the Great Lakes
In COMMISSION BRIEFS, get the latest on
* The region's mayors' stance on issues such as maritime cost recovery,
dredging and beach closings.
* How the Great Lakes scientific community is taking steps to maximize
efficiency and cost-effectiveness of vessel fleet operations.
* The newly enhanced hydrology/lake levels section on the Great Lakes
Information Network, http://www.great-lakes.net. The site, to be
unveiled Sept. 1 as GLIN's Site of the Month, provides a centralized
means to access Great Lakes hydrology information from the many
different agencies responsible for its collection and dissemination.
Also get a preview of two important upcoming events in Chicago:
-->Sustainable Development and the Great Lakes Region: The 1997 Annual
Meeting of the Great Lakes Commission, Oct. 1-3
-->Great Lakes Information Network 1997 Conference: Making the Net Work
for You, Oct. 23-24
The ADVISOR is available online via the Great Lakes Commission's home
page at http://www.glc.org. Check under Hot Topics for the latest
issue. For back issues, select Publications, Newsletters, then ADVISOR.
Christine Manninen, ADVISOR Editor
Great Lakes Commission
Argus II Bldg., 400 Fourth St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Phone 313.665.9135, Fax 313.665.4370