Re: Farming Wetland Plants

I don't know the answer to your question.  You are on the right track,
though, by also looking toward the EPA.  Other possible places to contact
would be the US Fish and Wildlife Service.  The URL for their Web site is
http://www.fws.gov/.  They are the governmental organization which has
played a major role in the mapping of wetlands.  I would also contact the
Lake County Forest Preserve District.  They would probably be your best
bet in getting answers.  They also have a Web site with a URL of
http://www.co.lake.il.us/forest/index.htm.

I really recommend talking to the Lake County FPD first.  They would
really be the best organization to give you answers or help with your
question.

Brett R. Ward
GIS Coordinator
Chicago Wilderness Initiative