[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]

Re: Farming Wetland Plants

I don't know the answer to your question.  You are on the right track, 
though, by also looking toward the EPA.  Other possible places to contact 
would be the US Fish and Wildlife Service.  The URL for their Web site is 
http://www.fws.gov/.  They are the governmental organization which has 
played a major role in the mapping of wetlands.  I would also contact the 
Lake County Forest Preserve District.  They would probably be your best 
bet in getting answers.  They also have a Web site with a URL of 

I really recommend talking to the Lake County FPD first.  They would 
really be the best organization to give you answers or help with your 

Brett R. Ward
GIS Coordinator
Chicago Wilderness Initiative
Email:	brward@chias.org
WWW:	http://www.chiwild.org
Phone:	773-549-0606 ext.3046
Fax:	773-549-5199
Pager:	312-839-1836