CAG/IEPA Press Release

Library Receives Internet Access Computer From The Citizens Advisory
Group and The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency

The Waukegan Public Library has received an Internet Public Access
Computer as the result of an intergovernmental cooperative agreement
with the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) and the
Waukegan Harbor Citizens Advisory Group (CAG).

As a result of a grant from the IEPA, library patrons will be able to
log-on to the World Wide Web and link to a wealth of environmental
information. CAG has a website through the Library as a participant in
the North Suburban Library System's NorthStarNet Program. This website
will allow CAG to publish information on the Internet about its
successful work on the Waukegan Harbor cleanup. The web site will also
allow them to link to other environmental agencies and citizens groups
to exchange valuable information. CAG's Internet address is:
http://nsn.nslsilusorg/wkkhome/iepa/.

"The Waukegan Public Library is honored to be the host-site of this
project. The library is also a repository documents relating to other
problem sites. The library also holds the Nuclear Regulatory Commission
documents pertaining to the Zion Nuclear plant" states library director,
Andrew Stimson.

Chuck Isley III, Chairman of CAG, adds that "Access to the Internet is
important for the activities of CAG. The partnership with the Illinois
Environmental Protection Agency has been a very positive experience for
us. We are working together to make environmental progress on our lake
front. Our challenge now is to maintain the momentum and look for local
funding to sustain our efforts".