Friends Of The Twelve

Friends Of The Twelve wishes to announce its new web site at
http://www.npiec.on.ca/~inf12051/

Friends Of The Twelve is a not-for-profit public interest group dedicated
to the preservation and improvement of the Twelve Mile Creek, its
tributatries and its adjacent lands. The Twelve Mile Creek is located in
Ontario's Niagara Peninsula and is so named because its mouth is 12 miles
west of the mouth of the Niagara River. The creek (actually a very small
river) runs through the municipalities of Thorold, Pelham and
St.Catharines. The first two Welland Canals and the entrance of the third
used portions of the Twelve Mile Creek and its tributaries as part of the
route to by-pass Niagara Falls.  In the 1940s Ontario Hydro channelized
parts of it as a tail race for its Decew Falls Generating Station Number
Two. A good portion of the creek is now urbanized.

The web site includes information about the Friends, the Twelve, as well
as our newsletter and links to appropriate sites, including GLIN. We hope
you'll drop by and take a look.

Peter D.A. Warwick
St.Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Bike Through The Garden Of Canada