More Appropriations News

GLIN-folks:

In my eagerness to get the word out, I missed a program which may be of
interest to some of you.

Congress provided $1.5 million to NOAA under the Marine Prediction Research
account for implementation of the National Invasive Species Act.  Of this
sum, $500,000 is marked for the Chesapeake Bay Ballast Demonstration. We
anticipate that the remainder could be dedicated to other ballast
demonstration projects and/or to co-leadership of the national aquatic
nuisance species task force (as suggested in the Senate report).

Rochelle Sturtevant
Coordinator, Senate Great Lakes Task Force
Rochelle_Sturtevant@glenn.senate.gov
202-224-4229