New CGLG Executive Director

PRESS RELEASE

New Executive Director Named

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 26, 1997

Contact:  Naureen Rana (312) 407-0177

Chicago - Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge, Chairman of the Council of Great Lakes Governors, is pleased to announce that Maggie Grant is the Council's new Executive Director. She replaces Mary Sheehy, who left the Council to accept the position of Deputy Secretary of the Wisconsin Department of Tourism.

"Although Mary was only with the Council for one year, she helped us achieve great progress, particularly with our Brownfields and Workforce projects," said Governor Ridge.  "We are sad to see Mary go, but I know that Maggie will be able to build on our success and meet the high environmental and economic goals that my fellow Great Lakes governors and I have for this region."

Grant joins the Council staff after serving on Illinois Governor Jim Edgar's staff.  She has a strong background in fundraising and communications, which includes her experience as the Assistant Director of the Office of Media Affairs for The White House.  Grant holds a degree in political communications from George Washington University in Washington, D.C.

The Council of Great Lakes Governors is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to working cooperatively on public policy issues common to its eight member states.

# # #

cglg