CASE STUDY OF GLIN AS A "BEST PRACTISE"

Dear Glin Folks:

I am working on a case study of GLIN as a "best practise" in
public communications via the WWW and Internet. This is part of a
course requirement for a Master of Science in Communications
Management from Syracuse University. Paula McIntyre at the Great
Lakes Commission has already provided a lot of useful information
and pointers, but I could also use your help as the people who
actually make up the network.

I would very much appreciate your responses to the short questions
below (take as much or as little space as you like) by Tuesday, Dec.
9. Please send your replies to me at: edgettr@netaccess.on.ca

In return for your participation, I will be happy to provide you with
a summary of the case study report. Just indicate with your reply
that you'd like one.

1. How does GLIN help your organization meet its communications
goals?

2. Do you measure the communications results that you achieve through
GLIN -- either quantitatively or qualitatively? If so, what do they
tell you about GLIN's effectiveness?

3. Can you think of any GLIN management practises that stand out as
particularly effective? (The 4 general management functions are:
planning & decision making, organizing, leading and controlling)

4. Can you think of any GLIN management practises that could be
improved?

5. Can you describe a particular experience with GLIN (either
using listservs or WWW sites) that stands out in your mind as a
particularly effective -- or ineffective -- use of the communication
medium?

6. Do you wish your responses to these questions to be kept strictly
confidential?

Thank you for participating in this research. Your responses will
help make this case study as accurate as possible.

Sincerely,