Important environmental story on CBS on Tuesday

Here is an alert from the National Oil Refinery Action Network
concerning an important TV news event on Tuesday.....the
story will depict, among other things, serious hydrogen sulfide
problems at this site.

Here in Michigan and other great lakes states
we also have some of these same problems
associated with the oil and gas industry.....

-------

ED BRADLEY--ON ASSIGNMENT--RIPS BARE THE GREED OF OIL COMPANIES IN DUMPING
OIL FIELD WASTES-
 GOVERNMENT "SWEETHEART DEALS" WITH BIG OIL TO EXEMPT WASTES FROM LAWS
EXPOSED!!!

Be sure to watch or even better get your group, family and firends together
for a house meeting/party to watch it together, use it as an opportunity to
educate your neighbors.  This is just one of countless examples of how big
oil and our government abuse the environmental and human rights of people
who live near there operations!  The oil industry enjoys many exemptions
from laws that cover other industries.
Let' s mame 1998 the year we turn this around.

Enclosed below is EPA head Browner calling for end to exemption--You can
see from this example that if we work with the media to expose oil industry
abuse, we can make progress.

In the absence of "common sense initiatives" that address the real problems
caused by the oil industry, grassroots action will continue to deliver
justice!

The CBS Special on this will be TUESDAY-TOMORROW --on the 23th of Dec. 1997
at 10 pm EASTERN.

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)