[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
NWF job opening - Ann Arbor
- Subject: NWF job opening - Ann Arbor
- From: WAYNE SCHMIDT <SCHMIDT@nwf.org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 17:51:28 -0500
- List-Name: GLIN-Announce
Water Quality Organizer
Great Lakes Natural Resource Center
National Wildlife Federation
Ann Arbor, Michigan
The Great Lakes Natural Resource Center, a regional office
of the National Wildlife Federation, has an immediate
opening for a full-time Water Quality Organizer. The
primary responsibility of the position is to educate and
mobilize NWF members, affiliates, like-minded
organizations, and the public to help reform laws and
policies to better protect water quality in the Great
The National Wildlife Federation's Great Lakes office,
based since 1982 in Ann Arbor, Michigan, is made up of a
staff of 15 full-time positions, including attorneys,
organizers, policy specialists, and scientists. The
successful candidate for this position will work with
NWF's Great Lakes Water Quality Team to reform laws and
policies to better protect human and ecosystem health from
toxic chemical pollution, especially from toxic air
* Lead grassroots education and advocacy campaigns on
water quality, air toxics, and pollution prevention
* Representing NWF's views at meetings of affiliates,
other organizations, before the media, government
* Coordinate communications for the Water Quality Team
with the media, constituents and via the Internet.
* Exceptional verbal, writing and interpersonal
* Skilled at translating technical information on air
and water pollution issues into terms and language
* Strong leadership skills and experience at forging
and working with coalitions.
* A high degree of computer proficiency, a willingness to learn new software and a willingness to train and
assist others in electronic communication.
* A B.S. is required, an M.S. is preferred.
* A minimum of two years of professional experience in
the area of environmental policy.
* Willingness to travel.
The National Wildlife Federation is the largest
conservation organization in the country with over 4
million members. NWF is an equal opportunity employer. The
Great Lakes office offers a working environment that
emphasizes interdisciplinary collaboration in a team
structure and in a non-smoking office. NWF offers a
generous compensation and benefits package. Starting pay
for this position is in the low $30's, commensurate with
To learn more about this position check out our Web page
To apply for this position please send a cover letter,
C.V., writing samples and three references to:
"Organizer Position," National Wildlife Federation, 506
E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor, MI 48104
fax - 734-769-1449 or E-mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org". No phone
Deadline for applications: February 15, 1998. The position
is to start March 15, 1998 or as soon as possible.