Trawling Contract Needed

Posted on behalf of Jay Wesley <WESLEYJK@state.mi.us>

---
The Corps of Engineers is conducting a study on the effects of hydraulic
dredging on larval and juvenile fish near the mouth of the St. Joseph
River in Michigan. As part of the study, they would like to contract a
university, private consultant, or commercial fishing operation to do
some trawling work for them. They want to get an idea of the types of
species and sizes of fish that may become entrained in the hydraulic
dredge. The work would be conducted over this spring and summer. No
formal reports will be necessary, just the manpower and equipment to
trawl and record catches are needed.

If you have the equipment to do some trawling and are interested, please
contact me and I will give you more details and a contact at the Corps.

Thanks!

Jay Wesley, Fisheries Management Biologist
621 North 10th Street
PO Box 355
Plainwell, MI 49080
Office (616) 685-6851