Children at Risk Conference

Posted on behalf of Davis Baltz <dbaltz@igc.apc.org>

---
Children At Risk Conference:
Environmental Health Issues in the Great Lakes Region
July 8-9, 1998, Chicago, IL

U.S. EPA-Region 5 and the Office of Children's Health Protection, and
the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry are sponsoring a
two-day conference (July 8-9, 1998) that will focus on significant
environmental health threats to children in the Great Lakes region.

Agenda Items: Childhood Cancer; Childhood Asthma: Environmental
Indicators and Interventions; Developmental Effects of Environmental
Contaminants -- Lead; and Developmental Effects of Environmental
Contaminants -- Pesticides/PCBs.  Topics to be covered include
identification and evaluation of environmental health threats to
children, medical interventions, and the nature and adequacy of public
health programs for managing health risks to children.

Target Audience: This conference is geared towards environmental and
public health agency staff, physicians, nurses, public health workers,
research scientists, environmental and community groups, industry, and
other stakeholders.  Speakers are being drawn from government,
universities, and the health profession.

Hotel Accommodations: The Regal Knickerbocker Hotel, 163 East Walton
Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611.  (312) 751-8100 or (1-800) 621-8140,
FAX (312) 751-9205

A block of rooms has been reserved for the conference under the name of
U.S. EPA.  Please call The Regal Knickerbocker Hotel to reserve your
room. Reservations must be made by June 1, 1998.

Airport Shuttle Transportation to Hotel Continental Airport Express, a
shuttle bus, provides transportation between O'Hare and Midway Airports
to The Regal Knickerbocker Hotel.

Public Transportation to Hotel from Airports
>From O'Hare Airport, take Blue Line to Washington/State Street stop; or
>From Midway Airport, take Orange Line to State/Lake Street stop
Transfer to Red line and take it north to Chicago Avenue stop
Walk east to Michigan Avenue, north to Walton Avenue, and east on Walton
Avenue.  Hotel will be on right (south) side of street

Conference Registration
Registration is limited to 350 people.  There is no registration fee to
attend this conference.  Information will also be located on the U.S.
EPA Region 5 calendar, http://www.epa.gov/Region5/Calendar.htm.

Registration Form
Please register me for the Children at Risk conference to be held in
Chicago on July 8-9, 1998 at The Regal Knickerbocker Hotel.  I
understand that this is for conference registration only and does not
reserve hotel accommodations.

Please Print

Name: ______________________________

Title: _______________________________

Company: ___________________________

Address: ____________________________

City: ________________________________

State: ________     Zipcode: ________

Telephone: (       ) _____________________

Fax: (       ) __________________________

E-Mail: ______________________________
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

How to Register

You may register for the conference in one of the following ways:

1. Mail this registration form to:

Children at Risk Conference
c/o Tetra Tech EM Inc.
200 East Randolph Drive
Suite 4700
Chicago, IL 60601

2. Fax this registration form to:
(312) 938-0118
ATTN: Children at Risk Conference

3. Send an e-mail message to tays@ttemi.com containing all the
registration information requested on this form

4. Call toll free 1-877-838-7299 and leave a message containing all the
registration information requested on this form

If you have any questions about the Children at Risk Conference, please
call toll free 1-877-838-7299.

Conference registrations are due by: June 26, 1998.