[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
Job Opening at CUB
- Subject: Job Opening at CUB
- From: Christine Manninen <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 14:51:44 -0400
- List-Name: GLIN-Announce
- Organization: Great Lakes Commission
Posted on behalf of Elise Caplan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The Citizens Utility Board (CUB) in Chicago is seeking a new Director of
Policy and Research.
CUB is Illinois’ only statewide organization representing the interests
of residential ratepayers before regulatory agencies, the courts and the
legislature. CUB was founded in 1983 by the General Assembly and is
funded solely by the contributions of its 150,000 members statewide.
With a staff of ten and a budget of $1.5 million, CUB plays a crucial
role as an advocate on behalf of consumers of electric, gas and
Candidates for the position should possess a BA and MA or equivalent
experience in the fields of economics, public policy or energy policy,
have strong quantitative abilities and excellent writing skills.
Knowledge of utility and energy issues is strongly desired.
The Director of Policy and Research is CUB’s chief policy analyst and
will have the following responsibilities:
* Analyze regulatory filings and legislative proposals of utilities,
regulatory agencies, and competitive suppliers, which may affect the
price and/or quality of electric, gas, and telecommunications services
in Illinois. Develop summaries and recommended strategies in response
to such proposals.
* Design regulatory and legislative initiatives to enhance consumer
interests. Develop background information and statistics to support
* Prepare fact sheets and data needed to communicate issues to the media
and the public. Answer public inquiries as needed.
* Coordinate studies and analyses of data on utility issues performed by
support staff and research interns.
* Prepare summaries of CUB’s regulatory and court cases and
recommendations for new proposals for presentation to the Board of
* Maintain current data on rates, financial performance, and other
relevant information of all utilities in the state.
* Attend meetings and presentations of the Illinois Commerce Commission,
and communicate the content of such meetings to CUB staff.
* Represent CUB at public hearings, meetings of community organizations,
conferences, and workshops as needed.
Salary depends upon experience and qualifications.
CUB is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume to:
Martin Cohen, Executive Director, CUB, 208 S. LaSalle, Suite 1760,
Chicago, IL, 60604