News Release- First National Spirit of the Wolf Walk in Duluth, Minnesota

First National Spirit of the Wolf Walk

For Protection of the Wolf Always
Please walk with us to support the wolf

Where: Duluth, Minnesota - Bayfront Park - 350 Harbor Drive
When: Saturday, September 26, l998
Time:  Rally and Speakers: Noon to 1:00 PM Walk: 1:15 to 3:00 PM

Survival for the wolf in America is not getting easier, despite its return
to the wild. As we approach the millennium, we find wolves in Minnesota and
around the nation faced with:
 Less habitat than ever
 More human encroachment into what habitat remains
 Loss of protection under the Endangered Species Act (ESA)
 Fierce anti-wolf sentiment from a small but vocal minority of people
  Atmosphere of violence leading to vicious attacks on wolves.
 The possibility of being hunted for their fur
The wolf is an ancient native of this country and needs our protection
always. Join the Minnesota Wolf Alliance, Northwoods Animal Alliance and
Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness and?
COME SAY NO TO:
 Rushing to remove the wolf from the ESA for political reasons
 ESA removal without ecologically sound state management plans
 Wolf hunting and trapping
 Indiscriminate killing and vicious attacks on wolves

 COME SAY YES TO:
 More emphasis on positive public education about wolves
 Responsible, ecologically sound state wolf management plans
 A commitment to ensure the protection of wolves and their
 habitat for future generations
 Ending the myth of little red riding hood
Our thanks to Spirit of the Wolf Walk sponsors:

 HOWL (Help Our Wolves Live)  F.A.T.E. (Friends of Animals and Their
Environment)  Indigenous Environmental Agency  Animal Rights Coalition
 Defenders of Wildlife  Animal Protection Institute (Midwest Regional
Chapter)

For more information regarding booths or walk route call:

Jean Brave Heart /Minnesota Wolf Alliance/PO Box 6351/Mpls, MN 55406
(612) 837-1754  jbraveheart@sprynet.com
 Rebecka Larmer/Northwoods Animal Alliance/1346 Arrowhead Road #311,
Duluth, MN 55811  (218) 525-7282 animals@dlth.uswest.net

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\Wolf Walk final.wps"