Humbug Marsh public hearing on 9/15 in Gibraltar

Forwarded message for benefit of people interested in the
Humbug Marsh issue......this information from Pat Hartig,
a former Assistant Attorney General in Michigan.....

If memory serves me correctly, I think MUCC has been
working on this and the Detroit Free Press has editorialized
on this issue.   Wouldn't it be a shame if some of these last
wetlands on the Detroit River were destroyed?

>From: "Pat Hartig" <hartigs@driveninc.com>
>To: <ajs@sagady.com>
>Subject: Humbug public hearing
>Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 23:23:10 -0400
>
>Dear Alex,
>
>I just wanted to make sure that you are aware of the MDEQ/Corps public
>hearing on Humbug, September 15, 1998 at 7:00pm at Carlson High School in
>Gibraltar.  The hearing is receive public comment on the proposed
>alteration of the conservation easement for economic reasons to allow the
>developer to put more houses on the site, and to fill wetlands for road,
>homes and bridge construction.
>
>I have an over abundance of materials on Humbug if you need any.  We sure
>would love to see you there.

>Cheers,
>Pat Hartig

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)