youth symposium

Great Lakes Aquarium @ Lake Superior Center and the Symposium Student
Advisory Board announce the Third Biennial Youth Symposium on Lake
Superior!

On April 9-11 high school students from throughout the Lake Superior
Watershed--and beyond will be meeting to share ideas and experiences!  The
Symposium will provide a broad approach to Thinking Like A Watershed!
Presenters will share art, music, environmental research, environmental
stewardship, etc. all in an attempt to broaden our understanding of the
lake Superior Watershed.  Further, we will investigate our personal
connections and responsibilities toward our great Lake Superior.

We will gather at Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center nestled in the
Ancient Sawtooth Mountains above Lake Superior on Minnesota's North Shore.
It is a beautiful campus in a rugged and lovely stretch of wilderness
northwoods.  While investigating the concept of Watershed, students will
have the opportunity to attend a Lake Superior College fair, try rock
climbing, hike on the Superior Hiking Trail, challenge themselves on an
adventure high ropes course, meet new friends, explore the idea of positive
leadership, create Lake Superior inspired art, dance, and MORE!..  The
event promises to be active, engaging, thought provoking and fun.

We welcome anyone High school student and high school educators to attend.
We still have room in the schedule for presenters as well;  if you have an
interesting project underway and would like to share it with a high school
audience, let us know!  The cost for the event is $85.00 USD;  this fee
covers two night's lodging, six meals, and all of the activities.  Please
contact Tom Beery at Great Lakes Aquarium at Lake Superior Center for more
information.

Tom Beery
GLA @ LSC
6008 London Rd.
Duluth, MN 55804
(218) 525-2265

staff@lakesuperiorcenter.org

Great Lakes Aquarium at Lake Superior Center (Opening 2000!)
6008 London Road
Duluth, MN  55804
(218) 525-2265  Fax (218) 525-2827
Website: www.glaquarium.org