[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
November/December ADVISOR now online
- Subject: November/December ADVISOR now online
- From: Lara Slee <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 09:38:51 -0500
- List-Name: GLIN-Announce
- Organization: Great Lakes Commission
Learn about water export issues and federal funding for the Great Lakes
region in the November/December edition of the ADVISOR, the bimonthly
newsletter of the
Great Lakes Commission. Online at
* Federal appropriations update for FY1999: Great Lakes funding
* Highlights from the Commission's Annual Meeting, which convened Oct.
19-20 in Buffalo, N.Y. Topics include: directional drilling underneath
the Great Lakes, brownfields redevelopment, discharge of waste
materials, U.S. Federal Clean Water Action Plan, commercial navigation
on the lakes, and regional air toxic emissions.
* Congress boosts funding for Great Lakes Basin Program
* Michigan Attorney General Frank Kelley retires
* New leadership at the Commission: Chair Irene Brooks and Vice Chair
Nathaniel E. Robinson
In the AROUND THE LAKES section, learn more about
* The Soo Locks
* Great Lakes Maritime Academy
* Cruising the Great Lakes: The return of the overnight cruise industry
The ADVISOR is available online via the Great Lakes Commission's home
page at http://www.glc.org. For back issues, select Publications,
Newsletters, then ADVISOR.
Lara Slee, ADVISOR Editor
Great Lakes Commission
Argus II Bldg., 400 Fourth St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Phone 734.665.9135, Fax 734.665.4370