FW: Exxon Valdez Interview: Rick Steiner

Greetings -

This being the anniversary of the Exxon Valdez oil spill, I thought many
of you (especially those in the media) might find the interview appended
below interesting. Let us pray something similar doesn't ever happen on
our Great Lakes...

In 1979, our coastal engineer, Philip Keillor, took a trip on a fuel oil
tanker traveling from Duluth to Indiana Harbor and published his
observations and research into the spill risks -- "THE HAZARDS OF TANK
SHIPS AND BARGES TRANSPORTING PETROLEUM PRODUCTS ON THE GREAT LAKES" --
in COASTAL ZONE MANAGEMENT JOURNAL 8(04):0319-0336, 1980.

Send my assistant, linda@seagrant.wisc.edu, an email with your postal
address if you'd like a free reprint of that paper.

- Stephen Wittman
Assistant Director for Communications
University of Wisconsin Sea Grant Institute
voice (608) 263-5371 * fax (608) 262-0591
web www.seagrant.wisc.edu