Canadian Student Representation Needed

Canadian student representation is needed to attend The Third Biennial
Great Lakes Student Summit, "The Great Lakes: Your Concerns, Our
Concerns, Areas of Concern" to be held in Buffalo, N.Y. from May 12-14,
1999.

The focus of the Great Lakes Student Summit is on Areas of Concern
throughout the Great Lakes Basin.  Students are well represented on the
U.S. side of the Great Lakes, but we need help getting Canadian students
to register.  Especially students from Southern Ontario.

Buffalo, New York will once again welcome hundreds of students from the
U.S. and Canada to the Great Lakes Student Summit.  Students and
teachers in grades 5-9 will be able to share their environmental
projects, participate in workshops about Great Lakes issues and explore
Niagara Falls and other sites in Western New York.

The event is sponsored by the Center for Great Lakes Environmental
Education, the Erie County Environmental Education Institute and Erie
County, in conjunction with the Great Lakes Center at Buffalo State
College, Great Lakes Program at the University at Buffalo, New York Sea
Grant, Buffalo Public Schools and East Aurora Union Free Schools.

Please help us pass this information on to any teacher or student that
may be interested.  We also need mailing lists of current Canadian
teachers for future Student Summit mailings.

For more information, please visit the web site at our calendar page
http://www.greatlakesed.org/calendar.html

or e-mail Jill Spisiak, Summit Organizer at:
spisiakj@cdbg.co.erie.ny.us