**Adult Educational Opportunity - Wetlands**
Learn about the wide variety of wetlands in the Lake County,
Illinois area. This series of walks, hosted by the Lake county Forest Preserves
and led by guest Naturalists Cyndi Duda of the US Fish & Wildlife Service
and Stacey Miller of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources focuses on the
different forms wetlands take and the plants and animals specific to each.
Special presentation on August 4 by Donald Hay of Wetlands Research, Inc at the
Des Plaines River Wetlands Demonstration Project.
- July 14 - Ryerson Conservation Area, Deerfield,
- July 21 - Volo Bog, Volo, IL
- July 28 - McDonald Woods, Lindenhurst, IL
- August 4 - Wetlands Demonstration Project, Wadsworth,
These walks are open to adults only. Each walk lasts from 7:30
- 9pm. The series' cost is $42 ($32 for Lake County residents) per person.
Pre-payment and registration is required.